Under the Revised B-BBEE Codes all businesses have been given the target of spending 15% of their Total Measured Procurement Spend with Exempt Micro Enterprises (EMEs). Huizen Group can provide your business with a compliant affidavit/BEE certificate as an EME.
Your business is exempted from being measured on a BEE Scorecard and will qualify as an Exempted Micro Enterprise if your turnover was less than R10 Million in the last 12 month period.
The status will be as follows:
- Any other Exempted Micro Enterprise – Level 4 contributor
- 100% Black Owned Exempted Micro Enterprise – Level 1 contributor
- 51% or more Black Owned Exempted Micro Enterprise – Level 2 contributor
Based on the 2013 Revised B-BBEE Codes (11 October 2013) any company with an annual turnover of less than R10 million qualifies as an Exempted Micro Enterprise (EME). An EME is exempted from being measured against a BEE Scorecard.
- Your business may also qualify as an Empowering Supplier which means your customers will be able to claim B-BBEE Points
- All businesses have been given the target of buying 15% of total Measured Procurement Spend from EMEs each year
An EME does not necessarily need a BEE Certificate and may only need to produce an affidavit declaring its turnover is less than R10 million and indicating its percentage Black Ownership. However, if your business falls in a specific list of industries you will require a BEE Certificate.
- Huizen Group can generate a compliant affidavit or BEE certificate for your company
- This affidavit/certificate is valid for 12 months from the date displayed on the affidavit